Friday, March 15, 2013

Flexible like a gymnast, without the freakish upper body strength

Any other mom, especially those of young children, will nod their head vigorously in agreement that multitasking is a mom's most developed skill that she never wanted. I don't WANT to excel at combinations like bandaging a boo-boo while making a sandwich or grocery shopping while performing itsy bitsy spider to keep everyone entertained. There it is, though.

Today, with my returning right-eye vision, I found myself armed with minivan and a desire to socialize. Off to my friend E's I flew. Boss and I were delighted to join her and her houseful for some coffee and Dora reruns. I also decided that today would be a good day to fulfill her recent request for a few portraits of her, just her. E's last year has been a big one and she's come out on the other side ever-so beautiful and accomplished. That's plenty reason for a few photos of oneself, I say. So, with Nikon in hand and 4 children under two years old afoot, I HOPEFULLY proved, at least to a small degree, that you don't need a high-rent studio or even lighting besides Mr. Sun, to catch a couple good portraits. You don't even need a quiet/easy location. Be bendy, people. Her daughter "I" did sneak into one or two. Because small people are tricky. And fast.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! E is so amazing, and you captured her amazingness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - beautiful shots! Amazing photog and gorgeous model.

    ReplyDelete