Tuesday, April 2, 2013

True love, mutual respect, and kettlebells

Since 2005 I have shot dozens of weddings. I feel lucky to be able to say that there are few "types" left unphotographed by yours truly. If you promise to keep a secret, I have something to tell you though... I have a favorite type. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You heard me. There is something magical about a couple who decides to wed without months of planning and searching for the "perfect" _____________ or ______________. They've decided that the reason BEHIND committing themselves to one another is perfection enough.

On Saturday morning I woke and found a message in my inbox from a friend of a friend. She heard I shot weddings and submitted a last minute "Excuse me, what are you doing this afternoon?" plea. My gut instinct was to turn it down as I already had plans. But what's this? My shutter button finger sometimes itches and twitches and won't relent until I photograph something... or more accurate someONE. So I happily rearranged my day.

A and B were married at a fantastic, small fitness/wellness studio in the Kingfield neighborhood of Minneapolis. The guests were few, the cuisine was potluck, the intentions were noble, and I heard the bride utter more than once concerning layout and decor... "Whatever you think, I'm sure it will be beautiful." And it definitely was.

http://fourgatesmpls.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment